Moriarty were busy with their song. I was wrapping up an otherwise long day. I am a very hard working boy. No, really, I am. I work hard. I slog through the day. Right from the moment I wake up. Till the time I sleep. There are very few days where I might have done some binge watching of series but never throughout the day. And never without a shower. :-)
I am this chaste brahmin boy who got used to eating only after the famed Sandhya Vandanam. Yes, I smear a tiny horizontal line of ash on my third eye. And yes, I speak better in my mother tongue than in English. I sing carnatic classical music true to my South Indian upbringing. I play the mridangam- like any brahmin boy worth his salt does. I dont eat meat. I studied hard. Did I mention that I work hard? Yes, so I work hard. My mother being this wise lady taught me to sing and cook apart from my usual school based academics.
I guess I do experience the fruits of all of the above traits that has been instilled in me. All matrimonial sites seem to like the god fearing boy that I am. They also like the monies I make. I am perhaps everything that everyone asked for in another person. I am also the same boy that the neighbors asked their kids to be.
While everyone were out having fun and learnt life values that were required to live a better life, I slogged. I made sure my family was happy. Happier than I am. I made sure everyone approached me for help- in (m)any ways.
Many years later- as I am gazing through the window of my high rise flat, I looked at the moon- who looked through me. The stare was hard. Stern. And yet kind. The tears that rolled had so many stories to tell. Of the person who I am not. Of the person who I became. Of the person who I dont know.
Jimmy won't you please come home?
Where the grass is green and the buffaloes roam
Dear old Jimmy you've forgot you're young
But you can't ignore the buffalo song
I am this chaste brahmin boy who got used to eating only after the famed Sandhya Vandanam. Yes, I smear a tiny horizontal line of ash on my third eye. And yes, I speak better in my mother tongue than in English. I sing carnatic classical music true to my South Indian upbringing. I play the mridangam- like any brahmin boy worth his salt does. I dont eat meat. I studied hard. Did I mention that I work hard? Yes, so I work hard. My mother being this wise lady taught me to sing and cook apart from my usual school based academics.
I guess I do experience the fruits of all of the above traits that has been instilled in me. All matrimonial sites seem to like the god fearing boy that I am. They also like the monies I make. I am perhaps everything that everyone asked for in another person. I am also the same boy that the neighbors asked their kids to be.
While everyone were out having fun and learnt life values that were required to live a better life, I slogged. I made sure my family was happy. Happier than I am. I made sure everyone approached me for help- in (m)any ways.
Many years later- as I am gazing through the window of my high rise flat, I looked at the moon- who looked through me. The stare was hard. Stern. And yet kind. The tears that rolled had so many stories to tell. Of the person who I am not. Of the person who I became. Of the person who I dont know.
Jimmy won't you please come home?
Where the grass is green and the buffaloes roam
Dear old Jimmy you've forgot you're young
But you can't ignore the buffalo song
No comments:
Post a Comment