The third knot was tied. According to the Hindu tradition, the couple were pronounced man and wife. He looked lovingly at her. And she wept out of joy. The tears that flowed looked like pearls that were falling off her nose amidst the festivities and the colors.
It felt like this moment would be etched in her mind forever. For many aeons that would come by. She looked at the man she married. A very flawed but a fair man. Yes she knew he was flawed. And yet she had love for him that made her blind to these. For that fleeting second, his gaze held hers and enquiringly looked at her asking if she was doing OK? She smiled in between the tears. He thought she looked so beautiful that perhaps she has never been more beautiful than this ever before. And maybe never after.
There was care. There was a lot of affection. Loads of it. There was warmth. Their eyes spoke. To each other. They completed each other's sentences in silence. There was trust. As a bystander, I could see the effortlessness in their communication and couldnt but feel envious. They must have invested so many of their abilities to come till this place...
And I took a moment to reflect on my own life. Admittedly, I never took that effort to communicate about my feelings. Myself. My reactions. My thoughts. Or took the effort to understand the other person any better. Neither talked not listened.
There was a time when there was a language of our own that our silences spoke. The silences got broken with realities of our lives. Our unsaid promises no longer withstood the sands of time. I was no longer his life. And he???
Someone tapped on my shoulder. I swallowed the last of my envy and with a bright smile turned to engage in another totally worthless conversation.
I love weddings. Sigh. And long live the bride and the groom.
It felt like this moment would be etched in her mind forever. For many aeons that would come by. She looked at the man she married. A very flawed but a fair man. Yes she knew he was flawed. And yet she had love for him that made her blind to these. For that fleeting second, his gaze held hers and enquiringly looked at her asking if she was doing OK? She smiled in between the tears. He thought she looked so beautiful that perhaps she has never been more beautiful than this ever before. And maybe never after.
There was care. There was a lot of affection. Loads of it. There was warmth. Their eyes spoke. To each other. They completed each other's sentences in silence. There was trust. As a bystander, I could see the effortlessness in their communication and couldnt but feel envious. They must have invested so many of their abilities to come till this place...
And I took a moment to reflect on my own life. Admittedly, I never took that effort to communicate about my feelings. Myself. My reactions. My thoughts. Or took the effort to understand the other person any better. Neither talked not listened.
There was a time when there was a language of our own that our silences spoke. The silences got broken with realities of our lives. Our unsaid promises no longer withstood the sands of time. I was no longer his life. And he???
Someone tapped on my shoulder. I swallowed the last of my envy and with a bright smile turned to engage in another totally worthless conversation.
I love weddings. Sigh. And long live the bride and the groom.
No comments:
Post a Comment