Wednesday, 30 December 2020

Meena Kansmy- Sigh. Let me explain...

 I am not a regular Twitter user. I check it for news. 3 days back there was this whole "brahminism" tag trending. I took a look at the thread. 

I was aghast- because I thought so much of love/hate towards something is so totally uncalled for simply because we are polarising units. How does warring help?

Do I have the "privilege" of upper castes? Yes. 

Do I have the "stigma" of being in a particular caste? Yes. Ask my friends who think I am stuck up. (btw- I am).

I dont want to troll and infact I dont stand with anyone who is trolling. 

Do I agree with Meena? Lets' see- Has a "lower" caste person lost out on many things due to a brahmin? Yes- Mostly the sense of entitlement that made knowledge inaccessible to the other castes. I vehemently agree.

Did it cause loss of opportunities for other castes? Yes. I am sure it did.

Do I encourage reservation? Yes- I do vehemently encourage it as long as it is deserved. You ask how? If it results in upliftment of a family and eventually can result in the loss of stupid stigma- yes. If the family is second/third generation one, then no- sorry. You needed it the first time. Not always.

Why do I find Meena's tweet stupid? I refer to the tweet where she is ranting about how much she has done in her life and that other brahmin women cant' measure up. It is sad that one feels like they are judged so brutally that they have to take this philosophical stand of: "I am OK, others are not OK".

The problem with this stand is that you just keep on collecting facts through out your life to convince why your stand is correct. 

She (MK) has already achieved quite a few. her profile has more degrees/tittles than her name. She is trying to stand out- and rightfully so. BUT. I just wished she didnt stoop so low where she feels she also has to survive. 

It takes the sheen away. She now seems to be a normal human being. And her flaws are too loud. And her thoughts- are far too monochrome for a poetess.

Everytime a person is reminded of their caste, in a stereotypical way (and brahmins inc), you drag the universe down. Take stands when you have a way to solve. If your way of solving is just waging war- I dont know what the prize is. 

What do you want out of this verbal war? What are you fighting for? Is it just to provoke people to their worst behaviors?

I have been there, done that. I pay the price for these wars every single day in my life. Recognition is not something that others give you. This is the only piece of wisdom I want to share with Mk when she can hear me out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment