And a child asked me, how anger tasted?
I took a few moments to think. I should really know. If anyone in the world knew how anger tasted, it had to be me.
I swallowed so much of it over the years. I tried to explain it to the bundle of innocence.
That it tasted bitter in the initial moments, and then tasted of metal, like Mercury. And when you bite it, it reminds you of steel. And when you chew it, it reminds you of raw flesh. When you try and swallow it, the action is so difficult that it reminds you of agony and breathlessness that comes after punching a bag for around 4 hours.
Despite the tear in your throat if you manage to swallow it, it tastes of bile. The worst part about anger is, it remains in your gut forever. The intestines.. they never really manage to digest it. And anger, is so potent that it slowly burns inches- inch after a slow inch.
It burns you down and eats up your waking hours. And then guess what? it eats into your sleep as well. That's the taste of anger. My child.
I took a few moments to think. I should really know. If anyone in the world knew how anger tasted, it had to be me.
I swallowed so much of it over the years. I tried to explain it to the bundle of innocence.
That it tasted bitter in the initial moments, and then tasted of metal, like Mercury. And when you bite it, it reminds you of steel. And when you chew it, it reminds you of raw flesh. When you try and swallow it, the action is so difficult that it reminds you of agony and breathlessness that comes after punching a bag for around 4 hours.
Despite the tear in your throat if you manage to swallow it, it tastes of bile. The worst part about anger is, it remains in your gut forever. The intestines.. they never really manage to digest it. And anger, is so potent that it slowly burns inches- inch after a slow inch.
It burns you down and eats up your waking hours. And then guess what? it eats into your sleep as well. That's the taste of anger. My child.
No comments:
Post a Comment