My kiddo absolutely loves doughnuts.. Mostly the one with chocolate in and out and some M and Ms or gems on top. They get those in Dunkins and we usually go there once a week to get her excitement rolling and not to mention the chocolate high that I need to endure. :-)
So as always, we get a doughnut and we are sitting and eating happily. The table next to us were a family of 4. Lets call them the Jenkins family (no logic really. It rhymes with Dunkins and it's cheap poetry). Jenkins is a perfect family- 2 kids- a boy and a girl, mommy Jenkins and daddy Jenkins. Between the 4 of them the table was filled with a 6 doughnut box, and each of them had a burger each in their hands (work in progress in mouth)... The tables were so near and Jenkins were so loud that I could hear the conversation so easily- no effort to eavesdrop at all. And I am not usually vain, but entire Jenkins lot was obese and ugly looking.
Daddy Jenkins finished his burger and loved the Chef's special burger so much that he wanted one more (and btw, I love Chef's special burger too with the veggie lot in it).. So he sends his daughter (who is the older of his 2 kids) to the counter. All this is still palatable with me. No judgments so far. Then mama Jenkins starts chiding with daddy. "Daddy J, are you sure you want to eat one more? This is filled with atleast 400 KCals. You have cholesterol issues too." Daddy vehemently, in the typical Indian male, says, "Mama J, I know what I am doing. Dont interfere I say. We come hardly once a week and I want to eat my heart out. Dont nose around. Mind your own business."
Mama is still at it, "Daddy but you drank up twice in the last 3 days and you ate meat 4 times in the last 3 days too. It is not making you any healthier. Please look after your health. You have two kids. Why cant you be more responsible? blah blah.."
By now my daughts finished her doughnut and I lost interest altogether in their conversation. My grouse has always been the same around these things. Let people be. If the daddy is not feeling responsible for his own health, universe has the best model in place.Daddy will suffer. Not anybody else. Remove dependencies. Start getting life back. Mommy J, you spoilt the daddy enough in the last 10 years.
Cheers to the Jenkins!
So as always, we get a doughnut and we are sitting and eating happily. The table next to us were a family of 4. Lets call them the Jenkins family (no logic really. It rhymes with Dunkins and it's cheap poetry). Jenkins is a perfect family- 2 kids- a boy and a girl, mommy Jenkins and daddy Jenkins. Between the 4 of them the table was filled with a 6 doughnut box, and each of them had a burger each in their hands (work in progress in mouth)... The tables were so near and Jenkins were so loud that I could hear the conversation so easily- no effort to eavesdrop at all. And I am not usually vain, but entire Jenkins lot was obese and ugly looking.
Daddy Jenkins finished his burger and loved the Chef's special burger so much that he wanted one more (and btw, I love Chef's special burger too with the veggie lot in it).. So he sends his daughter (who is the older of his 2 kids) to the counter. All this is still palatable with me. No judgments so far. Then mama Jenkins starts chiding with daddy. "Daddy J, are you sure you want to eat one more? This is filled with atleast 400 KCals. You have cholesterol issues too." Daddy vehemently, in the typical Indian male, says, "Mama J, I know what I am doing. Dont interfere I say. We come hardly once a week and I want to eat my heart out. Dont nose around. Mind your own business."
Mama is still at it, "Daddy but you drank up twice in the last 3 days and you ate meat 4 times in the last 3 days too. It is not making you any healthier. Please look after your health. You have two kids. Why cant you be more responsible? blah blah.."
By now my daughts finished her doughnut and I lost interest altogether in their conversation. My grouse has always been the same around these things. Let people be. If the daddy is not feeling responsible for his own health, universe has the best model in place.Daddy will suffer. Not anybody else. Remove dependencies. Start getting life back. Mommy J, you spoilt the daddy enough in the last 10 years.
Cheers to the Jenkins!
Yep... that makes sense!
ReplyDeleteBut the trouble is, you are dependent on Daddy J! And more often it is the fear of loss than the care that you may show... primal emotions!
It doesn't work like that! They are humans. Mommy Jenkins loves papa Jenkins and is concerned for him.
ReplyDeleteOr maybe she is scared since he is the only bread winner of the family. Either ways, the universe needs people to protect them from themselves!