Thursday, 24 March 2016

106 - When emptiness fills life


There are days that have to be ear marked. Dog eared. Struck on the calendar. Today remains as one such day. A day where dark hope is killed. A day when you realize you cheated yourself all the way along conning your mind into thinking that it was always solitude and never loneliness.

Why now? All the years I survived. And then I saw a rainbow. With more colours than it usually has. What's more? It touched me. It showed me I had company. It followed me like a shadow. I eventually got used to the idea. Who would not? It was a beautiful soul. It allowed me kindly to touch the colours.

It showed me what life was all about. It showed me how empty my solitude was. And then it was the time to fade away. Sunset time. There was hope that it returned the next day. To show and tell me the news of the world it saw in it's wake. The entire horizon. I waited. With a bated breath.

Days passed. Months passed. Each moment was an aeon. The rainbow never surfaced. And then one day when I stopped looking for it, I saw it thru the window of my sleeping quarters. A big, bold and a beautiful rainbow. It smiled at me.

And me? I gave a big 'beeming' smile. Only this time I knew better. The sunset was in less than quarter a day. I lived my life in those few hours.

I was prepared for the emptiness that would hit me again. The world- it did not look so desolate anymore.

The rainbow- it was never mine alone. It belonged to the entire universe. Everyone had their share of it. And me? I learnt to share. And yet, it was my rainbow. That appeared to make me happy and less lonely.

What's more? It was emptiness that filled life eventually. Not another little rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment