As I ride back home in a rickety rick, I saw a lot of protests. Usually, they dont disturb much, considering that I am happily lost in my thoughts and world.
But everytime I see people holding candles, I just know the cause. A rape. Many rapes. And every single time, I struggle to understand the reason.
What do we achieve? As a society, is it a sign of progression that we now "talk" about it? Or that everytime we take to roads, for fighting for someone's justice, we still end up disrespecting our people in the family at home continuously- in some form or the other.
And the utmost irony is I struggle to understand what is the definition of "justice"? How do you do it? Like you think killing the perpetrator or harming him/her, you provided justice? That we think by doing this we can keep the "victim" feel better is fundamentally flawed.
A victim will perhaps feel a lot better when he/she is accepted better by 'US'. We the people. We, the society. When we as a society start treating our children and family and neighborhood with lot more respect and grace than we do today. When we start judging them a lot less harsher.
THAT.
But everytime I see people holding candles, I just know the cause. A rape. Many rapes. And every single time, I struggle to understand the reason.
What do we achieve? As a society, is it a sign of progression that we now "talk" about it? Or that everytime we take to roads, for fighting for someone's justice, we still end up disrespecting our people in the family at home continuously- in some form or the other.
And the utmost irony is I struggle to understand what is the definition of "justice"? How do you do it? Like you think killing the perpetrator or harming him/her, you provided justice? That we think by doing this we can keep the "victim" feel better is fundamentally flawed.
A victim will perhaps feel a lot better when he/she is accepted better by 'US'. We the people. We, the society. When we as a society start treating our children and family and neighborhood with lot more respect and grace than we do today. When we start judging them a lot less harsher.
THAT.
No comments:
Post a Comment