Today, I am breathing. Still. I am grateful.
Yet- here I am- writing out of sadness and anger. World is a strange place full of inequalities. Some of us have it more, some of us have it less.
But the hope to normalize this to an average will never happen. I wont make any brushing statements that I am a better human being. That'll make me a bigot.
There are enough of them who live in this world. Are bigots wrong?
Imagine this- human beings will enrage on Twitter about how people have privilege etc. And then in their lives, they will naturally assume a role that will come with a position of power. And have a rationale to it.
THAT.
As people die around me, I have come to a stage where I am bothered only about my life and nothing else. So when people ask me, "how are you and family doing?"- I say: "I am fine. Alive. I used to think my HUGE extended family is a family- till my second cousins. But now. I am just saying it is the three of us. and our immediate parents.'. And on a day like today, it is just me.
As the lives crumble all around me, my glass house is becoming thicker and stronger for my own defense. Out of fear.
I shall breathe. For the night.
Despite my best friend's father's death. Despite the fact that I couldnt go to meet him and be there with him and drown our sorrows together.
No comments:
Post a Comment