Wednesday, 9 June 2021

Lemon Tequila Ice cream

Memories are the strangest things.

I never even knew that they make Lemon Tequila Ice cream. But I stumbled upon it in one of the sweetest moments of life- many light years ago. I ate it.

Like the apple in the garden. And never looked back.

Today, I stumbled upon that ice cream. Universe acts in the strangest ways. I was the middle of a Zoom conference (video shut) when one of my cousins sneaked in a dollop into my mouth saying this is the best thing that happened to them.

The first taste in my mouth. It melted. Slid thru my throat. My cousin left the room in a hurry to introduce this beauty to someone else.

Good she left. Because a moment later, I broke down. No drama. Not silent tears. I just bawled. I went into the loo. Turned the tap and cried like I never did in the recent times. 

The thing about moments like this- is that, you can never share it. No one will get the joke. Nor can pacify you. They wont understand. It is far too private and intense. 

I still cannot stop the tears. Beauty never fades. Light years never blur anything. Ever. Lemon Tequila is a bitter sweet flavor. Just like I love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment