On a night like this:
I cant help but ponder over a battle of views that i had with a dear friend on music.
Of course we have diverse tastes. My exposure to music is lot less than him.
And yet- when I shut my eyes and listen to what I like..... I am moved. I feel. I weep. I smile. All drama. :-) All sorts of emotions go thru me and I can experience my life much better in that moment.
Now pause.
The music he likes- I am sure that's what he feels too.
The question is... All we have to do is shut our eyes and listen to what we like. Outcomes broadly are the same I believe.
And yet- we try and tell each other why our music is better.
No art is greater than the feeling we experience.
And no artist is greater than the art itself.
That's a valuable insight I got today. I aint gonna make fun of folks who dance to the tunes of Jatin lalit I say.
No comments:
Post a Comment