Monday, 9 January 2023

Marriage.

 For many years- I kept living in denial that I dont like the concept of marriage. I dont believe it as an institution. I thought it was hugely patriarchal and curbs freedom of a person/people.

Perhaps, a part of the stubborn and egotistical me still believes it. But in moments like these- when the sun's just going up and the world is becoming a bit more warmer, your insides begin to thaw. And those moments- you desperately feel like sharing with someone who knows you intimately enough so you dont have to explicitly say anything. They just come and join you. 

Hell yea- I believe in a marriage. I believe that it is very romantic and beautiful that two people come together to promise that they are around forever- till death to us apart wala love. I also love weddings. I am a huge sucker. Maybe it is for people like me- that it is a thriving business :-)...

I would sleep on the lawn and dance away in the mist by the beach. I will drink up wine and do dirty dancing with friends and mine. Eat loads of good food. Make merry. Lots of smiles and tears. Lots of life. 

There's comfort, sincerity, love, devotion, loyalty, trust, laughter, joy, tears- heck I cant write enough about it. Just the feeling that there is someone like that with you who's not elusive like your shadow wish fades when there is no light- is ethereal. 

That's what it means for me. That's what marriage should be. Like be together. And have so much of love that everything else between two people that's not nice including egos vanish. There's no space for anything else but love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment