Tuesday, 18 July 2023

I am done.. Well done.

 Sometimes we have to pay a price to see for ourselves, who we really are.

Many people tell us how we are. But.. do we have the ability to filter the feedback?

I dont. I grew up trying to satisfy my dad and get him to tell me, "I am good" about something.

It takes a lifetime to know that my dad's never going to say it. Infact he will only keep giving me critical feedback because that's who he is.

He is always critical of me. He thinks this will help me become better. One day- I will see all the flaws of my dad without the blindspots.

On that day- I will look my dad in the eye and tell him, "Fk off". 

Yea- I did it today.

I feel good about it. In a strange sense- I feel relieved. That I dont have to run the race of impressing him anymore.

The race is over. I dont care what he thinks of me. I dont care who wins. I dont care. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment