Wednesday, 30 September 2015

The bumpy ride

I cant rave enough about the bump pictures of my pregnant friends. Did I forget to mention the cute, pretty dresses, make up, hair designing, and the preening, proud daddy?? I have to say this with a hint of wistfulness. I wish. That I had them too.

At 25, I had a sheltered bump. All the values and traditions with a hint of tradition bordering on orthodoxy ensured my bump was safe and hidden from the world. I played along. Ultimately I was only a pregnant mom. I was a minor stakeholder in the bigger scheme of things. I got suggestions and advices from moms who behaved like they had half a dozen kids. Which they didnt anyway. :) :)

My rant is why cant a girl enjoy her pregnancy? Feel proud of it and show off the bump? After all, isnt it hardwork? But no... we all love our fk all values so much, that we dont bother to concentrate on ourselves. Selfishness was always bad.

But I.. am turning pages of a book called myself. Slowly yet steadily.

No comments:

Post a Comment