Saturday, 18 June 2016

134 - I have promises to keep...

And miles to go before I sleep. And miles to go before I sleep.

I am away from sleep by just a few metres. Safely stashed is my aid.

But, I have promises to keep. And I shall live by them. I have 2 fathers. Both of them I protect from me. Both of them I damaged beyond repair. Both of them, I have given trouble to.

Both of them decided distance is better. Both of them told me in their own ways what a brat I have been.

Both of them believed I am flawed but beautiful in their eyes.

Both of them are wilting. And dying. And yet, both of them... They gave up on me. They walked away. To live a little bit of their life.

I couldnt have been happier for them. They made the right decision. I would have hated to live with myself knowing I was eating them up.

Happy fathers' day.

No comments:

Post a Comment