Silence. Silence. Silence.
Everywhere. The proverbial 'pin-drop' silence.
And then.
There was a booming question that came out of a person. Poet, I think. The first one to break silence in the group.
The first one daring to be different and yet feel belonged because everyone in the group longed to ask that question. I wanted to ask it too.
The poet asked, "Why me?"
The group settled in with the question, not in the least bit surprised or shocked. They were perhaps just a bit deterred from their thoughts which were mostly flowing in the same direction.
And then I asked, in response, "Why not me?"
The group now turned towards me and said I was being negative. I held my ground.
"So, why not me?"
These things happen because of randomness. Mathematicians call it probability. If it were not a few others, then it had to be me.
It was me.
So. I asked them all again. "Why not me?"
Everywhere. The proverbial 'pin-drop' silence.
And then.
There was a booming question that came out of a person. Poet, I think. The first one to break silence in the group.
The first one daring to be different and yet feel belonged because everyone in the group longed to ask that question. I wanted to ask it too.
The poet asked, "Why me?"
The group settled in with the question, not in the least bit surprised or shocked. They were perhaps just a bit deterred from their thoughts which were mostly flowing in the same direction.
And then I asked, in response, "Why not me?"
The group now turned towards me and said I was being negative. I held my ground.
"So, why not me?"
These things happen because of randomness. Mathematicians call it probability. If it were not a few others, then it had to be me.
It was me.
So. I asked them all again. "Why not me?"
No comments:
Post a Comment