Monday, 3 August 2020

Funeral.

Once something is dead, is there any value in debating if we should bury or cremate? And yet- I sat through a discussion. Where I saw things dead. Gone.

Gone with them were their hopes, dream, aspirations, pain, past. Everything. Kaput. And then we discussed if we should bury or cremate. 

Does it matter? My penchant for drama would make me imagine a cremation. Where every single atom was turning into ash. In front of my life. It doesnt even matter how this death occurred. It did. And some of us paid the price. 

Some things could have been immortal and time immemorial. And some things- are best left dead. Assume a few limbs and a part of your soul is not with you anymore. 

Funerals are funny things. They drive home the fact that things are really dead. 

I shall of course mourn the loss. They say time heals. I shall wait for my time to come. 

Death is the only absolute truth and reality of life. It will happen. It has to happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment