Wednesday, 9 September 2020

Complacency. Ownership. Accountability.

 Throw in hard work. And throw in sleepless nights. Anxiety. 

This is how I built my life. These are the core values I rely on to help me get the push. I have steadily tried to learn. 

And yet- today those are the values that have vanished in me. Someone shook me up so hard that I realized I am not who I am. Or who I think I am. 

Another hard knock. I guess 2020 is strange. If I do come out alive, I guess I will be as thick skinned as the elephant. 

Disintegration is a very harsh phenomenon. I have seen abuse of all shades and types. Everything. And yet- today seems so fresh and new. Even the scars seem raw. 

Atleast I know this is how I'd feel if I were on a ventilator today. That's how much of life and faith that is left over in me.

I also learnt a very important lesson today. By standers and spectators are everywhere in the country. There's Social media, news etc where a chance is provided for the audience to see the circus. But no by stander in the country has balls to stand up and tell a person what they are doing is wrong.

No one. Exactly why rapes still exists. Why people still can arrest on democratic belief. And why glass ceilings still exists.

For an infinite time, I wish I were not born a woman. It's ten times hard to live. No matter what country it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment