Tuesday, 29 September 2020

Massive news dump... yet again! Not again!

 I suddenly saw the press go gung ho about things not related to B'wood (finally!). I see B.Dut and others back on a massive dumps of news all over with views and opinions, thoughts and feelings. Yawn.

In my head, I mentally started ticking items that deserved this attention. And in our country, that's an easy thing. List goes:

1. B/K/T Wood    2. Politics      3. Rape/ murder/ any other crime     4. All of the above

You cant get us excited about anything else. Honestly, we are that simple. Simple right?? No. Not really.

We are back to protecting women's honor (as if it were a commodity). We are back on the streets (with masks) to protest yet another gang rape. And murder. We are back with our candles. All of it is now templatized. 

I mean who are we? We abuse our women/girls/females at home with an unconscious bias. And yet, we become an indignant clan. The more of this news, the lesser is the empowerment due to "precautions" women must take.

How do we train our daughters to be ready for this world? By telling them to be strong. By telling them to be resilient.

I mean, why do we teach our kids to survive? Why should we be strong to face a crazy world? 

It's just enough to be crazy in a crazy world. Let's not confuse strength and resilience with craziness, exasperation and tiredness.

Sigh. 


No comments:

Post a Comment