Friday, 30 September 2022

Ponniyin Selvan- 1

 Deserves the praise.... :-)

Deserves a spot on the blog on the day I watched the movie.

Of course Mani Ratnam is one of my fav film makers. I had to watch this movie first day. Of the release.. 

My dad was very ill. High temperature. He popped a pill and came off :-):-)

Now- before the movie released, I was trying to hear the audio version of this book- on SPotify. But was a difficult process given the Tamil is very old and heavy. I gave up the book.

But heck- whatay movie. I cant wait for the second part.

What did I love??? Everything. Well- almost. Karthi, Jayam Ravi, Jayaram, Prakash Raj, Prabhu, Vikram, Vikram PRabhu, Sarat Kumar, Trisha, Aishwarya (Rai and Lekshmi), Shobhita- Heck- you name them, I loved them.

Music was OK- for some reason- I wished they didnt have music. But I esp loved the song that Vikram had that kind of transitioned from his frustration to a drunken stupor. 

Cinematography and editing- Full marks and more. Ravi Varman and Sreekar Prasad hit the ball out of the park. 

The script is so taut and well written that you'd almost forget that it was a book. 

Now my fav part- Trisha. No really. The first time in my whole life- I loved what Trisha brought to the table. She was fantastic. She deserves roles like this. She stole the screen and the show for me. In a movie with ensemble cast- can you imagine how difficult it is to steal the show? Well- she did it.

Go watch it. And be dazed. 


PS- This was a serial that was published in Ananda Vikatan. Legend has it that my paati (dad's mom) had bound all the episodes into a series of books. We are all busy finding that book now. :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment