Wednesday, 30 April 2025

What the Dou?

 :-) It's a cafe. In Chennai. One of my fav cities (in the world!)- No no, don't roll eyes and judge my taste, I say. Me likey. A lot.

So I am wearing a black cotton sari and sitting and eating my fav salad in this cafe (Berry Burrata- is that the spelling of that cheese?). Anyway. So a guy walks up to me and says, he heard me singing along "Hit me baby one more time."

Well... What can I say? I belong to that generation. THAT generation. 

So. I think he almost said I look pretty. Almost said he likes my sari. Almost said I look younger than my age. 

What life. For what it's worth- Hey Stranger: You made my day. 

For a 40 year old insecure woman, it means a lot. I am still smiling. Not many can say it.

I love my saris too. I wish I did not know so much about me that I don't love me that much. Ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment