Saturday, 13 December 2025

Walk Alone Series- 2 Bratislava

 Maybe not jet lagged btw. After Prague sojourns, I slept by 8.30 PM yday. I stayed in this hotel which looks quaint but also dingy. I did feel a bit weird- kept many barriers just in case someone tried to break in. Just paranoia. No idea why I felt like that. The hotel was safe. Had enough security measures and was in a nice part of town. Anyway. That's that.

I woke up at 5.30 PM. Pitch dark outside. And -3 C. I read a book. Full book till 7.30 am. Got ready, packed and booked a ticket to Bratislava. Breakfast was a breeze. Fiber- lots of it and a slice of bread. 

Caught a bus at 11 am and went on a nice drive from Prague to Bratislava. It took us around 4.5 hr. Scenic route but mostly foogy given the time of the year. Checked in to Sheraton. And went on a city drive to check out spots and pics. I walked much lesser today than yday. It was super super cold and it was late afternoon and was already dark by the time I started. What a sweet little town though! 

All aside-, Czechoslovakia was once upon a time same country. Now it is Czech Republic and Slovakia. 2 very different cultures. Different dialect. Czech and Slovakian have different dialect- very different. Somehow I felt Slovakians were more friendly. More engaging. And sure felt safer. 

I took a few bokehs. Decent shots. 

Again- I wish I were a meat eater. The names of local dishes look very exotic. Phew. 

Someone ask me- Prague or Slovakia? Well...... Another post someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment