New country. New experience. I'm a bit nervous. I'm a bit excited.
Turns out, it is the most beautiful thing to do to explore the city- all by yourselves. You need to shed inhibition, wear comfy clothes and most importantly- shoes. And dress for the extreme weather. Carry less on your shoulder. You are all set. I clocked 12 Km walking today.
I did one Uber in the morning because I got late for an activity I signed up for. I was also misguided by the staff on the time estimate. Actually, junta generally don't understand time fully I guess :-).. Almost always underestimation. Add to that, my flight arrived an hour late. I lost out on the shower (stink stink).
As a vegetarian, I always struggle in these places. I also get FOMO that meat eaters can actually explore it far better than I do. Well- it is what it is. You can't change my mind on this aspect. Many stalwarts tried it. And failed.
What else? It is not too expensive, but people ask for tips. Your choice. Beer seems to be a big hit and I skipped that too. TBH, it is not a 1.5 day tour. This needs a proper 4 days.
I loved the church in the castle, love love love the christmas vibe in the city. One thing I figured in Europe is, we should come here during Christmas. It's ahm-AZ-ing. Corals in the markets, the markets themselves, the aromas of hot chocolate in the air, the lights- it's something else. On my long walk back to the hotel, I almost felt buzzed. Watching the lights. Like I was stoned wala feeling.
Anyway- the river cruise is a high light. MArket is a highlight. The Czech Philaharmonic is something else.
I had to record this before I crash. And I guess I will be out for the next 10 hr if not more. Not a wink of sleep in the last 36 hr.
Jet lag??? I will know when I sleep.
Tomo? hmmmm.... Bratislava it is. :-) Another trippy trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment