Friday, 14 August 2015

Revenge

The ghosts she ran away from for a quarter century finally accelerated their last few strides in an effort to catch up. 

When she told me about it, I said they will back off if you slow down, turn around and stare hard at them. She exactly did as I told her to. She trusted in me. A blind trust and faith that comes out of belief. 

Unfortunately for her, over the years the ghosts multiplied in number and intensity. She turned and was caught under the headlights. The number was astounding and unlike what I told they ran faster to catch up.

In just a few minutes, her life started slipping out of her. Demons became fatter. One of them burped. Her life drained by sight. Other one farted. She lost her vision.

What she did was listen to me. I was always a liar. She was my bitter enemy. And revenge is always sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment