Wednesday, 7 February 2018

178- What's in a name????

Stay hungry, stay foolish. But stay foolish, then stay angry too..

Vinoo, one of my best friends from the past- maybe when I was in 11th standard, once gave me a lot of gyan about frequency matching between two genders and how "louve" can happen..

I still look back and smile because I thought it was mumbo jumbo that we should most definitely stay away from. And true to my own word, I have never strayed from it.

Few things in my head are HUGE. Like some of the values I follow- they are huge. Vinoo told me it's very romantic to change your name for the other person. I stayed away from it, esp because she said it. I remember my response to her... :-), I said, like a true equalist, "why shouldnt he change his name?"

She thumped me hard on the back (playfully) and told me, "of course he wont care".

I asked her with an ace (or so I thought!), "then why would I change?"

My ace failed terribly. She said- "of course she is louve silly! It doesnt matter who cares"

What I saw as foolishness then, I told her, if she wont catch up on her syllabus soon, then (with all the flourish of my arms) "stay hungry, stay foolish my friend!"

But she won. That Vinoo. :-) She had the last word. She said "Stay foolish, stay angry too- you!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment