I am always so fascinated with this word. The power it carries is capable of healing a wound. Hurt- no matter what the depth of it is.
I also wonder if it is fair we have this word. It has become a convenient word in our vocabulary. Think. Count the number of times we use this word in our life- everyday. Day in and day out.
It is supposed to convey a very very expensive message all the time. A communication that means you genuinely regret what has happened. It also comes with a baggage associated with the circumstance. It weighs on your psyche that you have caused some/large amount of inconvenience. It will hold you back for that moment every time a similar circumstance pops up in your (our) life. Hold you back rightly to rap on your head that you need to take a step back.
And yet. Time is supposed to heal more than the apology. "Sorry" is just a word to close the conversation.
Think about this:
1. The doctor tried his best to save the child. And yet. "I am sorry". (ouch! gone. Over. Does sorry even register in your mind? It is so fking formal).
2. I shot the bullet. It hit the wrong target. "I am sorry". (Story over. Does this word even register anywhere?)
3. I was angry with the watchman of the society. I gave an earful assuming he fully deserves it for his carelessness. Both of us are sorry. He- for being careless and me for using expletives. (How was the value added in this fight/chat?)
Get the picture? Sorry. Sorry.
Sorry what? Sorry who? Sorry why? It doesnt matter.
We shall still fight. We shall still misbehave. We shall still beat and cuss. We will still not hold ourselves in check at the right time. We shall still not have compassion. We will still prioritize our difficulties over others. We will still think we have bigger problems and hence have more rights to use the word.
Sorry. How does it matter that the heart breaks? Sorry shall heal it all up. Stitch it up to 9's. Just doesnt save the one in time. Sorry. Yea, the heart did break.
Sorry. Yea- the hurt, it's gone. But the scars- they remain. Sorry.
I also wonder if it is fair we have this word. It has become a convenient word in our vocabulary. Think. Count the number of times we use this word in our life- everyday. Day in and day out.
It is supposed to convey a very very expensive message all the time. A communication that means you genuinely regret what has happened. It also comes with a baggage associated with the circumstance. It weighs on your psyche that you have caused some/large amount of inconvenience. It will hold you back for that moment every time a similar circumstance pops up in your (our) life. Hold you back rightly to rap on your head that you need to take a step back.
And yet. Time is supposed to heal more than the apology. "Sorry" is just a word to close the conversation.
Think about this:
1. The doctor tried his best to save the child. And yet. "I am sorry". (ouch! gone. Over. Does sorry even register in your mind? It is so fking formal).
2. I shot the bullet. It hit the wrong target. "I am sorry". (Story over. Does this word even register anywhere?)
3. I was angry with the watchman of the society. I gave an earful assuming he fully deserves it for his carelessness. Both of us are sorry. He- for being careless and me for using expletives. (How was the value added in this fight/chat?)
Get the picture? Sorry. Sorry.
Sorry what? Sorry who? Sorry why? It doesnt matter.
We shall still fight. We shall still misbehave. We shall still beat and cuss. We will still not hold ourselves in check at the right time. We shall still not have compassion. We will still prioritize our difficulties over others. We will still think we have bigger problems and hence have more rights to use the word.
Sorry. How does it matter that the heart breaks? Sorry shall heal it all up. Stitch it up to 9's. Just doesnt save the one in time. Sorry. Yea, the heart did break.
Sorry. Yea- the hurt, it's gone. But the scars- they remain. Sorry.
No comments:
Post a Comment