Saturday, 24 August 2019

210- Happy birthday, mommy

As the air craft hit the tarmac, I realized I could be home just in time to call in the birthday. I almost could have missed it. And that could have been a disaster. In my 20 years of motherhood, I never missed my dear daughter's birthday.

I quickly ran through a mental check list of things I had to do:

1. The basic gift- check
2. The gift I want to give- Check
3. The gift she would love- check
4. The gift from the parents together- check
5. Cake- check
6. Invites to the friends- Check
7. Menu- ??????
8. Dress 1- Check
9. Dress 2- ?????
10. Dress 3- ?????
11. PMS alert- check!
12. Fight with the dear spouse- check
13. Last minute appointment to the dentist on the D-"day"- Check
14. Bad news- check
15. Charade participation- check
16. Try super hard to play the part- check
17. Exhaustion- check
18. Last minute eating out plan- Check.

I know the pattern. I have lived through it for 20 years. What time didnt diminish till now is the feeling of awe and tiredness I had 20 years ago when I brought life into this universe. As if it was me alone! :-) :-)

2 decades is a long time to forget. To fade out. Enough to be reduced to something.

A something that's nothing.

Another day lived- Check! Another year goes by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment