Friday, 30 August 2019

218 - My new shoes... (Those Nikes)

Just about enough breeze. Enough grey (I love the grey skies- really really do). Enough green. A very light drizzle that doesnt halt my run. Nor my music.

That. As I ran I almost smiled today. Almost. :-) And wondered why??

My fk-ing feet felt so light. So happy. So 'runny' (that word's my poetic license!).

And then looked at my happy feet. Clad in my new Nikes. Who buys shoes worth 8k bucks??? Me.
Who buys shoes with air bags? Me. Who is sentimental about moving to a new pair of shoes??? Me.

I discarded my previous pair of shoes in less than 3 years- maybe 4. I lost count. But I had to. Point is when they start growing with me, it feels soooo difficult to move on. Like a lover. :-) You know.  No no, actually like my penultimate pair of shoes that were with me for 8 years or so. I had withdrawal symptoms after I discarded those shoes. I wept into my pillow. I was depressed. I ate chocolates. The works.

But now. Well, for one, I am back to my Nikes after Sketchers. I am able to run faster. I feel lighter. I love 'em. My new shoes!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment