Friday, 6 March 2020

Mechanical Mommy pride

One of those days, when you cant help but beam. Out of this stupid, misplaced pride that can sometimes be unwarranted and biased. :-)

As a lazy Sunday was progressing, my little one was looking frantically for her tool box- real one with a few wrenches and screw drivers, screws and so on. From her Mechanix set. I thought she was going to build something. Imagine my surprise when I see her with her bicycle seat in her hand when she walks in??

I ask her (more out of fear than curiosity- it was a brand new cycle), what was happening. She tells me to hang on for a few minutes. More of scuffling here and there and by now, I am really curious. Enough to stop whatever I was doing.

She then comes to me and asks me to take a look at her cycle. She basically fixed a reflected at the base of the seat. :-) And she was so proud of herself.

Cant agree more. :-) I bet you.. Get a kid to do this job. Any kid. It takes focus and patience. And common sense. It is a blo*dy easy job to do- ask me, but needs a lot of focus.

What's the right thing for me to do? Leave her be? SO she chooses her path? Or......... Do I be the quintessential Indian parent? 

No comments:

Post a Comment