Wednesday, 2 May 2018

192 - Tinker bells

The church bells chimed.

There was laughter everywhere. Happiness. That looked like it was going to solve every problem in this world. People truly forgot their real lives and decided to make this occasion their only chance at living a few moments with complete contentment and satisfaction.

And maybe, there was a reason.

Slowly, the laughter gave away to a din. And people made way to the couple who started dancing. Looking into each other's eyes. A gaze that held promise of something that I couldnt' read from afar. My imagination completed that interpretation as something that could be love, care, affection and attention. I think what separated them form everyone couple on the floor was their attention towards each other.

Time just stopped ticking for them. The cynic is me laughed wickedly. In my mind, I was counting days before the attention went kaput. And the rest didnt make any sense to me anyway. Like all other couples, there will be abundance of love and care, but when it matters' all of it wont help when you dont have the attention.

They were now resting on the green and slightly dewy grass. The man was resting his head on the woman's stomach. Maybe he was sleeping. Even to my shrewd eyes, they looked at peace.

It made me wonder... The last time I was so at peace was when I was lowered into the ground, 6 feet under. In the same church. Where the grass grew. And sometimes becomes dewy in cold winters.

No comments:

Post a Comment