Monday, 4 May 2020

How much is too much?

In my own South Indian style, I have to admit that we are a breed who have no clue of how to deal with boundaries. As in- we have clear ones. But ask us to go and give a welcome hug, let me tell you that it is of the most awkward ones you'll find on the street. Trust me on that.

I did my fair deal of "awkward" business. Until I decided that it wasnt me. I am happier when I am spontaneous. And when I am spontaneous, I shake hands or even do a good old "namaste". But not hugs. Warm hugs dont suit cold people :-)..

Like we'd probably be having sex with someone inside the darkness of our locked bedrooms but we would never really touch our partners in public, but hey, we will try and hug our friends. :-) Get the picture???

Question is- we are a confused lot. We really are. Our sense of boundaries are fk-ed up. We dont know when we get too close- inadvertently and then become awkward. Or we measure far too much- and then get awkward. So point is we will be awkward anyway.

Where do you draw the line? How much is too much? How do you fall in love? And how do you fall out of it?

Namaste! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment