Thursday, 8 October 2015

Child rearing

The title sounds a bit derogatory and also didactic. I fully understand the importance of bringing up children. After all if we cant keep our pants up, the least we need to do is to bring them up. I do have extremely strong opinions on this subject and none would be rubbed on to anybody. Ever. That's the only rule.

In my view, there is no concept of my own flesh and blood and hence will receive special treatment. So if you leave your kid with me and should I agree to babysit them for say 1 or 2 hours, then I treat them like I do my own. I truly think we are only physical mediums to produce children but really they belong yo this earth.

This means kids do understand hunger, sleep, peeing, pooing and everything else. Earth will teach them through evolution anyway. Then what is my role truly as a parent? Honestly only to foresee the whole process. Monitor it. Pretty much. I dont and am not a great fan of forcing, coercing, feeding the kid every 2 hours, running behind them and so on. I believe in giving them space and silence. Infact I will fight tooth and nail to get them these. I absolutely think world would be beautiful and fascinating in their eyes when they see it through their wisdom. Not because I told them that roses are beautiful. That in my eyes is sacrilege. We just killed the views of the kid by saying it for them.

This doesnt mean I am a good or a bad parent. This just means I am trying yo make the kid find their rightful place in this universe.

I dont think I am a person who can connect with kids really. But the few kids I do interact with, I ensure that they get to see the true spirit of life. Thats freedom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment