I have been truly blessed.
Truly.
I dont think I have ever felt so content and well- blessed in my life.
Unknowingly I went into the temple today evening as I flew into Trivendrum. And believe me, I am already lucky that my work lets me go to Kerala quite often.
So- here I got into the temple on a Monday when it usually shuts down at 7.30 PM. But, this Monday, I was delighted to know that the temple was open till 8.30 PM. I quickly checked into the hotel, left all the gadgets, luggage etc and literally ran to the temple at around 8.10 PM.
As I went inside the temple, I instantly notice (and you cant help it), the hundreds of oil lamps that were lit. And the crescent Shashti moon (incidentally today is also Subba rayudu Shashti). And I see a procession of all the idols in their palanquin with the temple elephant and the musicians all accompanied in royalty.
I stood transfixed at the sight. Now- if you know the temple or have been there before, you'll know what I am saying. On a night, anyway the temple sight is breathtaking. A view to behold.
And on days like today- well, I am speechless.
So I get this super super peaceful darshan of the god and I wondered what was the occasion today.
The temple police told me it was the Thiruvonam star.
Well- really, what can one say when they are blessed? It was a pleasant surprise to say the least for me. Like Padmanabha really wanted me to come to him. It was a silent beckon.
Truly.
I dont think I have ever felt so content and well- blessed in my life.
Unknowingly I went into the temple today evening as I flew into Trivendrum. And believe me, I am already lucky that my work lets me go to Kerala quite often.
So- here I got into the temple on a Monday when it usually shuts down at 7.30 PM. But, this Monday, I was delighted to know that the temple was open till 8.30 PM. I quickly checked into the hotel, left all the gadgets, luggage etc and literally ran to the temple at around 8.10 PM.
As I went inside the temple, I instantly notice (and you cant help it), the hundreds of oil lamps that were lit. And the crescent Shashti moon (incidentally today is also Subba rayudu Shashti). And I see a procession of all the idols in their palanquin with the temple elephant and the musicians all accompanied in royalty.
I stood transfixed at the sight. Now- if you know the temple or have been there before, you'll know what I am saying. On a night, anyway the temple sight is breathtaking. A view to behold.
And on days like today- well, I am speechless.
So I get this super super peaceful darshan of the god and I wondered what was the occasion today.
The temple police told me it was the Thiruvonam star.
Well- really, what can one say when they are blessed? It was a pleasant surprise to say the least for me. Like Padmanabha really wanted me to come to him. It was a silent beckon.
No comments:
Post a Comment