I apologize. As a habit. Out of sadness. Out of anger. Out of kindness. Remorse. Regret. I apologize for many things. Sometimes unwarranted too.
I still do because I feel it has the power to drive peace. And for that peace- I am OK doing what is needed.
Sometimes... I think apologies are wasted and shows how we repeat our mistakes. The value of sorry then becomes zero. Unfortunately- it is never enough. And we should never abuse the power of sorry.
Sorry is not a tool to drive peace or moderate a discussion. The power of sorry lies in strengthening a situation in a positive direction where there is genuine remorse and guilt and an ability to snap out of the bad habit.
it helps move us forward. Not indulge in patchwork.
"I am sorry. I hurt you in the past. But there's no guarantee this will happen in future."- Is not good enough. I did it. Many times. Not OK with it anymore.
I'd rather snap out of my bad behavior till the time I can actually become a better person. Than repeat saying sorry.
No comments:
Post a Comment