Sunday, 21 August 2022

Oh partner... My partner

Growing up with Bollywood movies and romance novels is not an easy thing I say :-)... We all have needs. Like the sine wave- except in a more unpredictable patterns- our needs sway from craving for solitude to holding a partner's hand in our difficult parts of the journey.
Challenge is to identify the difficult parts. And then reaching out during those time to hold hands.
And then..... those beautiful moments. Where you want to share with someone because we have so much of happiness that is brimming that it has to overflow and you want it to go into the sea - like a flooded river joining the sea sometime.

I miss holding hands. I really find a lot of strength in doing that.
I miss walking in silence.
I miss laughing together.
I miss eating together.
I miss sleeping together (I said it!)
I miss the cuddles. The tears.
The chats. The 'see the sea' together.
The shared experience of a pregnancy.
The joy and difficult of birthing.
The nursing. 
The fights. Them too.

And yet- I chose my solitude. I want none of that.

What a paradox.

Being someone's partner is so difficult! :-) And we can all choose to simplify our lives. If we know what we want to simplify.


No comments:

Post a Comment