My dearest daughter Gayathri,
You are my sweetest and the most blessed daughter that universe gifted to me. I got this at a time when I didnt even know I needed you.
But your gurgles, energies, silences, anger, the laughter- esp the laughter when you throw your head back and guffaw (that you so very rarely do)- made it very hard not to fall in love with you.
Like every mother and daughter- we have our share of happiness and fights. I wonder, dearest, if you would see that too. I often ponder- philosophically and spiritually- that there must be something you and i should learn out of this relationship. I wonder what it is?
The first time I saw you, my baby, you looked at me intently. For me- there was a sense of belongingness and recognition that I know you far too much already. After all- you were me.
You do know right? Amma doesnt eat without thinking of you. Doesnt sleep without wondering if you slept too. That she worries to death when you fall sick. Waits for you to come home so she is at home with herself.
Only lil girls, Gayathri can change life. And perspective.
As you grow up- you are becoming more and more busy with your life and your world.
But hey- come back home soon. Amma is wilting. She misses you too much.
With truck loads of love,
Amma.
No comments:
Post a Comment