I wonder at times what drives people to be destructive? Look at the recent killings- Syria, Paris, and Malay. I deeply wonder how the motive is so strong. Like imagine you are angry with someone or something. To the extent that you really want to murder them. The moment I get this feeling in my head, I have already killed the person. I would probably even look at myself as a murderer. I may even feel guilty sometimes for thinking like that. But after a day or two, the intensity decreases. The mids space is used up by something else. So basically, the motive weakens in my case. That maybe because I am not considering the event itself not important after a period of time. Thats the assumption I like to live in else I wont be able to move on.
For a person like me, seeing Hampi destroyed little hope that I had in human beings. To be fair, it was killed long time ago. a life time ago. But life teaches you some stuff and you start believing in goodness again that maybe, maybe there is something good. Only to be knocked off by events like this.
Hampi is only ruins. Lots of art that was destroyed. I am a fan of Sri Krishnadevaraya even before my visit to Hampi. In his rule, fine arts and culture flourished. What threw me off about this in a good way was he really ruled only for 20 years. In 20 years he brought so much to history that after so many centuries we still remember the 20 year old rule. I digress though.
Everything that I saw, the fort, the relics, the temples, the courts, you name it, everything has a mark of destruction on it. Elephant figurines where trunks are chopped, tails are chopped, the statues where Lakshmi is chopped off from the lap of Narasimha.
I see it and I cringed inside. That someone wanted to destroy it so maliciously and violently disturbs me. That we have people like them still around us disturbs me. That I worry rape, murder, theft, and corruption is still rampant and shows no signs of reduction. Violence is always on the increase.
I dont even have the right to crib or write about this because I have not really contributed in reducing anything. I am a scared fool who will not be able to ever stand up against any of this and take a strong stand. This means I will never have the right really to crib about it. There goes another piece of me to death.
For a person like me, seeing Hampi destroyed little hope that I had in human beings. To be fair, it was killed long time ago. a life time ago. But life teaches you some stuff and you start believing in goodness again that maybe, maybe there is something good. Only to be knocked off by events like this.
Hampi is only ruins. Lots of art that was destroyed. I am a fan of Sri Krishnadevaraya even before my visit to Hampi. In his rule, fine arts and culture flourished. What threw me off about this in a good way was he really ruled only for 20 years. In 20 years he brought so much to history that after so many centuries we still remember the 20 year old rule. I digress though.
Everything that I saw, the fort, the relics, the temples, the courts, you name it, everything has a mark of destruction on it. Elephant figurines where trunks are chopped, tails are chopped, the statues where Lakshmi is chopped off from the lap of Narasimha.
I see it and I cringed inside. That someone wanted to destroy it so maliciously and violently disturbs me. That we have people like them still around us disturbs me. That I worry rape, murder, theft, and corruption is still rampant and shows no signs of reduction. Violence is always on the increase.
I dont even have the right to crib or write about this because I have not really contributed in reducing anything. I am a scared fool who will not be able to ever stand up against any of this and take a strong stand. This means I will never have the right really to crib about it. There goes another piece of me to death.
No comments:
Post a Comment