Thursday, 31 December 2015

And because I have to 'keep' this on my blog- To Alice.

Oh, I don't know why she's leaving, 
Or where she's gonna go, 
I guess she's got her reasons, 
But I just don't want to know, 
'Cos for twenty-four years 
I've been living next door to Alice.


Smokie said these a lot of decades, actually more than a century later. Lewis C figured who the fk Alice was much before that. And how!! Stoned or not, he did a fab job. I can spend hours reading and re-reading Alice in the wonderland. I almost believe if people understood this book, there would be no more warring in this world for the sake of power. Really believe it.

"If everybody minded their own business, the world would go around a great deal faster than it does.” 

And read this:

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” 

I cant tell you the number of times I thought of 'me' this way. Over the years I changed- for better or worse, time will tell. Theory of relativity will tell. But Lewis figured it for Alice long time ago.

I wont attempt writing the review of this book, mainly because I wouldn't know to end it. I wouldn't even know to stop it. But I will try and re-write some of my fav lines of this book.

“Have I gone mad?
Im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usually are.” 


“Alice:How long is forever? White Rabbit:Sometimes, just one second.”   
I couldn't have told the answer better than the white rabbit. I really could not have. Take a pat on your rump White rabbit. You are not only clever but also wise.

“My dear, here we must run as fast as we can, just to stay in place. And if you wish to go anywhere you must run twice as fast as that.” 

Queen of hearts- Take a bow. This is the race I chose to run in and struggling. I know the answer. 

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.” 

I love it too. No one can control me in my mind. Its 'mine' own. :-)

I cant write enough about the book as I mentioned. I cant read it enough either. After the book you would also wonder and hum "Alice?? Who the fk is Alice??" Wouldn't blame Smokie. 

Lewis C- Please please take a bow and a kiss on your feet. I do love you- enough!!! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment