Thursday, 3 December 2015

The Great Bath

Exactly 6 years ago I went to this place called Bath in the UK. It's a place where there are these huge great Roman baths constructed with stone and have hot geysers flowing through.

Romans I thought were conservative folks, but these baths are meant to for community bathing too. Ahem, Ahem- still conservative?? Atleast no, by our own desi standards. The place is beautiful. The colors of the water is astounding. Truly a sight that is etched in my head forever. I still remember how I imagined being in it when I saw it the first time. It truly felt royal.

The heat and the swirls of the water is enough to get anyone to sleep on the floor of the bath. If there is a place that I 'd like to visit again, it has to be the great bath.

As a side track conversation btw, Jane Austen lived in Bath for a few years before she died. An incomplete story in tow, she was also depressed in the place. I wonder why?

Incomplete story... maketh does not anyone's life. It is just unfair. She writes beautifully according to me. The books have spunk. I wonder why she gave up on life at 41.

No comments:

Post a Comment