My shoes which were 8 years old till date finally breathed their last. I wanted to take a picture of them to keep it for posterity, but I realized of late, I have been again getting attached to things. Which I consciously wanted to move away from. I dont want to live my life being possessive about anything. For some it comes naturally, and for a few others, it comes with some pain.
Today after battling in a few moments in my head, whether to get it repaired or let them die gracefully, I decided to let the former idea win. Yea- they were damn familiar. They were there with me for most of the important touch points of my life. Memories. Which I don't feel like abandoning. They clutched my fears and helped me run every single time I wanted to in the last 8 years. They held me safe. They made me warm. They gave me comfort.
Yea- they came with me in every single travel that I did in the last 8 years. They saw continents, countries, oceans and the mountains. They saw rains, snow, heat and wind. They saw dust. They went through the grind of the washing machine for their yearly cleaning.
They never made me 'feel' like buying new shoes ever. Even now, for the last few months, I have been procrastinating buying new shoes. It feels like I am giving up a baby and adopting new one, just because my older kid has a bout of sickness.
Today, I realized I need to give up my shoes. I am also giving up a lot of memories. Lot of good things. Lot of comfort. And yet, makes me feel a bit more proud of myself that I am moving those inches closer to my end state. Where I want to live in this world with no worldly attachments.
Rest. In. Silence. My bestest pair of shoes ever. I will never ever forget you ever. And no new shoes are ever going to be with me for this long a time. Nor are they ever going to replace you two.
Today after battling in a few moments in my head, whether to get it repaired or let them die gracefully, I decided to let the former idea win. Yea- they were damn familiar. They were there with me for most of the important touch points of my life. Memories. Which I don't feel like abandoning. They clutched my fears and helped me run every single time I wanted to in the last 8 years. They held me safe. They made me warm. They gave me comfort.
Yea- they came with me in every single travel that I did in the last 8 years. They saw continents, countries, oceans and the mountains. They saw rains, snow, heat and wind. They saw dust. They went through the grind of the washing machine for their yearly cleaning.
They never made me 'feel' like buying new shoes ever. Even now, for the last few months, I have been procrastinating buying new shoes. It feels like I am giving up a baby and adopting new one, just because my older kid has a bout of sickness.
Today, I realized I need to give up my shoes. I am also giving up a lot of memories. Lot of good things. Lot of comfort. And yet, makes me feel a bit more proud of myself that I am moving those inches closer to my end state. Where I want to live in this world with no worldly attachments.
Rest. In. Silence. My bestest pair of shoes ever. I will never ever forget you ever. And no new shoes are ever going to be with me for this long a time. Nor are they ever going to replace you two.
No comments:
Post a Comment