Every single time I hear this, I get goose bumps. I wonder what Erik Satie was going through in his life for him to compose something as beautifully painful as this.
Satie's life as you find in the world of intenret was not the usual one (and I would bet my entire money that it would have been so). The French composer's personal life was chaos. Internet will tell you that he dies of a drunken stupor. Liver issues.
But heck, I wonder what really ailed him. Broken heart? Unrequited love? Lack of mental peace? It makes my heart bleed when I hear this piece of his. Especially this piece.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUAF3abGY2M
Greatness exists. So much that it comes out only when you can gain the focus back. In his case, I think it was snapping out and accepting that the love was never going to be his. He probably killed a major distraction in his life.
Satie's life as you find in the world of intenret was not the usual one (and I would bet my entire money that it would have been so). The French composer's personal life was chaos. Internet will tell you that he dies of a drunken stupor. Liver issues.
But heck, I wonder what really ailed him. Broken heart? Unrequited love? Lack of mental peace? It makes my heart bleed when I hear this piece of his. Especially this piece.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUAF3abGY2M
Greatness exists. So much that it comes out only when you can gain the focus back. In his case, I think it was snapping out and accepting that the love was never going to be his. He probably killed a major distraction in his life.
No comments:
Post a Comment