Saturday, 21 May 2016

125 - Where is water, mommy?

I turn silent when I am angry. I trust me more in the hands of silence. Everyone including me is safe that way.

When even silence becomes unbearable, nature tells me I need to steam off. Today I looked for shoes. I tried to run bare foot. On a mid summer morning, it is not a great idea. :-) I left home with the darling daughter at 2 PM in the afty to buy me shoes.

Today I walked in the hot sun. I put through my the painful regime for my daughter as well. The heat was scorching and I wondered to check if she would complain. Not a word from her. She was lost in thoughts She just held my hand silently. We walked the roads. Uphill. Downhill. Escaping a dog every now and then. Our reverie distracted by a honk or hoot of a car. We were tired.

She switched on the AC once we reached home and drank water. A whole half a litre of water without putting the bottle down. I felt terrible. She did not need to join me in the regime. It was punishing for me as an adult.

Funnily enough, she helped me. She helped me in her own way by just walking with me in that hot sun. A weird sense of calmness enveloped us.


No comments:

Post a Comment