What doesn't kill will only make us grow stronger.
I had a rare opportunity today to meet someone at a billing counter of a store in a mall. A soon-to-die 4 year old. If god or universe exists I did wonder why give that 4 years to someone? Why not just kill them before even fertilization?
A child dying is so traumatic for a parent, that it is almost against theory of evolution in my view. Nature is meant to 'make' older people die. Which means the parent generation dies before the kids. That's how the cycle should be. Any other aberration in this will really result in emotional chaos that the world is not ready to repair.
Today some more parts of me died. Beyond repair. I am gone. All that love... All that affection for that child. More than the child, I really feel terrible for the parents too. It is extremely difficult to nurture a child knowing they will not last. The 'hopelessness' of the situation is really challenging. Take a bow all 3 of you at the cash counter. You guys are made of grit and strength.
I had a rare opportunity today to meet someone at a billing counter of a store in a mall. A soon-to-die 4 year old. If god or universe exists I did wonder why give that 4 years to someone? Why not just kill them before even fertilization?
A child dying is so traumatic for a parent, that it is almost against theory of evolution in my view. Nature is meant to 'make' older people die. Which means the parent generation dies before the kids. That's how the cycle should be. Any other aberration in this will really result in emotional chaos that the world is not ready to repair.
Today some more parts of me died. Beyond repair. I am gone. All that love... All that affection for that child. More than the child, I really feel terrible for the parents too. It is extremely difficult to nurture a child knowing they will not last. The 'hopelessness' of the situation is really challenging. Take a bow all 3 of you at the cash counter. You guys are made of grit and strength.
No comments:
Post a Comment