Saturday, 14 May 2016

115 - James and Alice

I swear by a lot of Mallu movies. I really really do. ore often than not, their movies are fab. Their scripts are water tight. They are laden with thoughts. They are sooo non judgmental in their direction. Actors know their job. Music is not a distraction. Lot of them tell me it is arty. But I have other opinions.

Last week I happened to walk into this movie James and Alice. I wont write the story. It is all over the net anyway. And so are the reviews. Some I agree, most I dont. It is hands down one of the most beautiful movies i have seen in the last few years.

And believe me, I do watch quie a few movies. It is just that my selection of movies is random and I am very particular about what I like if I want to be engaged through out the movie. And I watch most of the movies in the theatres. Oh, and I prefer watching them alone. But I digress. It is not about the movie watching experience or my idiosyncrasies.

It is about letting go in relationships. About how there would still be a chance to make them up in life. About hope. About personal satisfaction. Of importance of selfishness in our lives. The last 5 min is definitely a drag. And the ending I dont necessarily agree. But heck, the whole script in my view is different. We arrived as a civilization if each of us attain some level of realization in that direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment