Saturday, 14 May 2016

116 - We did win a battle.

I was not one of those academically brilliant students of my time. But yea, I enjoyed my campus life in my under grad days. And my masters as well. I also had big dreams and ambitions for my career as a student. I still do. In our placement season, the competitive me really wanted to crack the day 0. Perhaps then the only thing that mattered which was important in my short term scheme of things.

I never put more fight than that till now. I was extremely focused. So much that I never studied or prepared so hard for even my engineering entrance exams. I wanted a job on day 0 so bad. Now in hindsight, I may debate about whether it was important enough for me to focus so much or not, it was that important for me then. It was not for months or anything. But I did intense prep for 2 short weeks which were long enough looking back. I had to upgrade my math, engg fundaes, physics and most importantly I had to hone my skills at debating.

I still remember the sense of elation I had when I saw my name star in the list. I pumped my fist. I needed the security to back my other dreams that needed a launch pad.

After years, I chose to battle my guts out for a seat for my daughter in one of the schools I badly wanted. A school that I believe will be a right step for her to choose and reach her level of greatness. A place where I believe and trust she will be comfortable enough to let her be happy most of the times. I was behind the school authorities for more than 6 months. I had to pull in lot of strings to get me a slot to talk to the Head. I put shit loads of fight to follow, chase and almost gave up. I was angry too. So angry that I thought some battles are never worth it.

Yesterday when I saw the mail of acceptance I had a very silent moment of elation. I dint pump my fist in the air. But the older me felt happiness. That fights sometimes do get the wins we need. And want. Here's to a long, happy schooling for my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment