Monday, 2 September 2019

224 - Fire gazing

As another night takes over... And sleep doesnt take over as naturally as it should... I slowly gaze out of the window into the cloudy skies and wonder what keeps me awake.

As another meeting passes by where focus is lost and all I can think of is nothing, I do wonder why sleep eludes me.

What could happen with minimal effort earlier has now become a challenge to execute. Maybe it's just the aging process.

I am piling on kilos. I am running slower. I am panting more. I feel weaker.

It's not the war. It's not the outcome. It's the feeling of nothingness.

It's the constant feeling of inadequacy. It's the struggle to keep up with things. With people. With myself.

I woke up petrified with a start. What a nightmare to have!!! Inadequacy can be a killer. A silent one at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment