Saturday, 21 September 2019

235- Social relevance

A didactic post.

It was a Eureka moment for me today.

I am somebody who has no respect for the institution of marriage. No, seriously. For me it was just a social occasion bordering entertainment. Get it?

For the first time, I felt the importance of having social relevance. It gives a strange sense of security that otherwise a person wouldnt have. Social. Economical. Emotional. Legal.

It is not easy to walk out or away. We are conditioned to respect this tie more than the others. Prioritize this more than anything else.

When you live in sin, I guess people have all the fun. On the day it matters, the institution makes sure that it is not easy to pack your bags and walk out. But sin doesnt. :-)

You are hurt? You are fighting often? You dont feel the attraction? You dont feel the connect? You dont think there's enough salt in the dishes that are cooked? You dont think the toilet seat is not shut?
Oh, that's easily resolved. Pack your bag. Pick it. Walk out.

Finito. Over. It's gone. :-)

That's how much fun sin can be.

Next time around, I know what advice should be dished out in a wedding vs living together debate. Sister/brother- go marry. It helps. When you let go and jump, there's a beeeeeg safety net that the society ensures.


No comments:

Post a Comment