Saturday, 21 September 2019

236- And the years go by

I hate doing dishes. But the maid was taking the day off. Her child was unwell. One of those days when everything in life goes wrong. Like the Murphy's law. :-)

So as I was doing the dishes I looked at my clothes. I was wearing one of my better saris from the wardrobe. A gift from my darling husband. I cherish those saris that he buys for me. Even if I dont like some. :-) Ohhh yea- that's louve. :-)

I looked at the wet patch that was increasing in size on the silk sari. I should have changed it before I decided to do the dishes. Too late. As I was scrubbing the tawa which was oily from years of wear and tear, I remembered the sari context and my face slowly warmed up with a smile that had to escape into a grin.

This was a surprise gift. Here's the best thing. No Occasion. :-)
Nope- not a bday, not anniversary, not date night. Nothing. Just one of those moments when he thought of buying something for me.

And wistfully sighed, thinking those were the days. Sigh.

Those were the days when we still took interest in giving each other something. Waiting for each other. Writing to each other. Getting dressed for each other. Put on your best front. And what incentives.

Uh-Oh. The patch now has crawled all over the sari and made it look suddenly so old and ugly. Almost as if it has lived it's age.

Time to discard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment