I still remember the day you walked away. Turned your back finally to the mess that was me. Do you remember?
On another day, I'd have jokingly said, "What a back! :-)" and I always loved your back. You were (are?) good looking, atleast back then. Do you remember?
We were partners in crime. Do you remember so many series of firsts we did together? Discovering things and laughing about them? Do you remember?
When you fell sick, I had fever. When you fell off, I bled. When I was hungry, you ate. When I felt cold, you wore a jacket. Do you remember?
The time when you and I went to this place in Iceland and had coffee from those ice cups... the moment when we saw each other and couldnt disconnect, like everything else there our moment also froze- do you remember?
Then when I asked you for your time, and you affectionately patted my head not responding, we fought. And something died. A bit. And then kept dying every time we fought then on. Do you remember?
And then days went by. I kept dressing up for you and you lost interest in what you wore. You had other things to do and I still held on to my imagination where we took the time off and bunked life to head out to a trip to Antarctica. And many other things. The lag between reality and illusion only increased. I wondered if you were even noticing all this. I asked. And you stopped communicating. Do you remember?
You showed me a mirror. High time I had a hard look at what my life and I have become. You patiently explained to me that I have become a mess. My own making of course. And I sadly thought the mirror was broken. And you kindly prodded me to look again. And there, the reflection was a broken face. The realization threw me off. I did indeed become a mess. Out of my own making. Do you remember?
And then. I remembered. That every moment we were together, you were honest in making your objectives and intentions crystal clear. And I? I either ignored. Or laughed it off. Or didnt think you'll pull the plug. Until you did.
I still remember the day you walked away. Do you know what you'd left behind?
On another day, I'd have jokingly said, "What a back! :-)" and I always loved your back. You were (are?) good looking, atleast back then. Do you remember?
We were partners in crime. Do you remember so many series of firsts we did together? Discovering things and laughing about them? Do you remember?
When you fell sick, I had fever. When you fell off, I bled. When I was hungry, you ate. When I felt cold, you wore a jacket. Do you remember?
The time when you and I went to this place in Iceland and had coffee from those ice cups... the moment when we saw each other and couldnt disconnect, like everything else there our moment also froze- do you remember?
Then when I asked you for your time, and you affectionately patted my head not responding, we fought. And something died. A bit. And then kept dying every time we fought then on. Do you remember?
And then days went by. I kept dressing up for you and you lost interest in what you wore. You had other things to do and I still held on to my imagination where we took the time off and bunked life to head out to a trip to Antarctica. And many other things. The lag between reality and illusion only increased. I wondered if you were even noticing all this. I asked. And you stopped communicating. Do you remember?
You showed me a mirror. High time I had a hard look at what my life and I have become. You patiently explained to me that I have become a mess. My own making of course. And I sadly thought the mirror was broken. And you kindly prodded me to look again. And there, the reflection was a broken face. The realization threw me off. I did indeed become a mess. Out of my own making. Do you remember?
And then. I remembered. That every moment we were together, you were honest in making your objectives and intentions crystal clear. And I? I either ignored. Or laughed it off. Or didnt think you'll pull the plug. Until you did.
I still remember the day you walked away. Do you know what you'd left behind?
No comments:
Post a Comment