Sunday, 19 April 2015

Kanmani (Darling)...

Three movies in three days should have screwed my mind. I consciously chose to go to these movies. Dharam Sankat mein, Margharita with a straw (or something) and OK Kanmani in that order. The worst out of the lot has to be a tie between the last two.

Margharita shit is an arty movie which turned out farty. The movie has way too many problems for its own good. Bisexuality, Cerebral palsy, blindness, colon cancer and to top it all major, mega confused emotions. So while these subjects are taken care of, we also need to introduce a bit of disgust in the movie (we love it). So then the diro must have pondered over different elements of disgust and decided to start at L0, which meant  mother gives a bath to a 20 year old. Then diro thought, hang on, this is normal in many pockets and decided to swap roles in L1. So daughter gives a bath to mother. Diro looked at scene and got disgusted with himself. There was still some element of purity in the scene. L1 also failed. Ultimately diro decided some erotica wouldnt be amiss. So he let the heroine use the vibrator. Crew replayed the scene and then thought, oh, this is erotica and while we like to act disgusted with this, this is not disgust. Diro got pissed and decided to teach each of the bstd in the audience a lesson. So he made the heroine piss. I am still pissed. Oh, and then she indulges in moments of passion with the man post the pissing scene. I gave up. The movie is a drag. Queen is still a top scorer in my chart. Good riddance bad margharita. I am still hungover.

So then I decided hangovers are beaten only with hangover. I went to the movie o kaadal kanmani. I still have to say that Mr Mani Ratnam should have stopped making movies right after Kannathil Mutthamittal. Guru was bad, Ayutha ezhuthu (yuva) sucked and so did kadal. Same with AR Rahman. Why o why do mighty folks dont exit gracefully. Where do I begin the review? That Nithya Menon only had one expression, her wholesome smile, and she thought it was enough to pull the entire movie. Subject is passe. Couple who live together fight, make up, make out and make out some more. And decide to get married. Marriage is anyway the best way to resolve singledom. Music sucked except for one song in raga behag sung by Chitra which was fab. So you are forewarned.

There goes my weekend.

1 comment: