Thursday, 16 April 2015

Priceless moments




The pic brings memories. Old ones from around 14 years ago when I was this naive 17 year old junior Civil engineering student staying in the hostel for the first time. Battling homesickness, ragging, course work and senior boys was quite tough. If you were a junior girl in Civil or Mechanical engg, you would understand my plight. :)

When I stumbled upon this pic, I got reminded of two very fond memories- the eating competitions in our wing of the hostel and the inter college sports fest.

If you were a boarder at some point in your life, you'd know how precious food of any form is. We were almost always hungry and the 'mess' usually runs only at specified times. And all other needs are taken care of by the expensive tuck shops inside the campus. One of the students or perhaps a day-ski got us watermelons for us. That's 'louve' overfloweth moment for boarders. As a general norm, nobody, nobody 'supplies' food in volumes outside of the said 'mess'. All of us thank day ski and start the hunger games in the wing to make it fun. My friend in blue and yours truly were the final candidates. Jokes aside, I always take pride in mentioning that I have been winning eating competitions at all capacities and this is not gender specific. Not sure who ended up eating more in the watermelons instance though. Whatay moment. :)

Other memory is the time I admit to myself that I was like any other teen girl (ouch!) driven by hormones. I can never forget the day I went to the tennis match to ogle at an NIT guys' legs. To his credit, his footwork was amazing and he won the final match. I flunked the Electro magnetic fields paper the next day. All that I could see was legs floating on the question paper. Serves right for a sheepish me. I swore to 'god' I will never ever do this again, and I never did. :-) Not even once.

The only difference between boys hostel and girls hostel is the case of missing 'pawn' to play chess. And despite all the demons mucking around, I was happier then. It was not a clinical world.


No comments:

Post a Comment